Monday, March 25, 2013

PRAY FOR REVIVAL


In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit. (Judges 17:6 NIV

If there ever was a verse that described our times - it is this verse.  America (and the whole world) are on a a slippery slope and is losing the battle.  Pressured by so special interest groups - we are conforming more and more to the ways of the world and Christians are accepting these sins as "normal."  This passage clearly states that these people were doing "as they saw fit."  They had no morals and no standards to live by.  They rejected God as their king and did not acknowledge Him as God. God eventually gave Israel what they wanted and they paid the price for their compromise for many years.  Israel had 41 different kings and all but a handful were very wicked.  Their idolatry and sin led them down a path in which they would be captured and exiled. Eventually, they would be scattered to the four corners of the earth in AD 70. and they would not return to their homeland and become a nation again until 1948. The consequences were steep. It’s like Pastor Dan said, you can choose your sin, but you don’t get to choose your consequences. This is one of the things that just breaks my heart with people. I see how these destructive behaviors wreak havoc on individuals and families. We should pray fervently for God to bring revival to our land which comes through repentance and obedience to God.  Notice the promise of God in the scriptures...  "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. (2 Chronicles 7:14, 15 NIV).  Pray with me for revival to come to America and to New Life Chapel.

No comments:

Post a Comment