Monday, March 18, 2013

A PROMISE OF A GREAT VICTORY




The commander of the Lord ’s army replied, “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so. (Joshua 5:15 NIV)

Upon entering the Promised Land, the people of Israel were confronted by an immediate obstacle - the city of Jericho.  To move forward into the place where God had promised them this city needed to be conquered.  Joshua proceeded to rally the troops and got them ready for battle.  But before giving the signal for attack he had one of these God-moments - a visitation from Christ Himself assuring him that God was with him.  At that time, Joshua was commanded to take off his shoes because the ground was "holy."  As I look back over my life - I have had a number of these "God moments" also.  I remember them very clearly. I wasn't asked necessarily to take off my shoes but I was asked to stop and listen and remember that particular time of life. I knew that it was a holy moment in time - a crossroad in my walk of life.  I knew that I was to not rush that experience and I was to take seriously the message that was being sent my way.  I don't know what obstacle that might be in front of you today but I would encourage you in this - look closely for your warrior (Christ) is closer than you think and is ready to go to battle for you.  Stop and listen to the voice of God pressing on your heart.  Remind yourselves of the things God has done for you in the past and will keep doing for you in the future.  The Commander of the Lord's army (Christ) is with you today.  Yes, there will be battles and there will be difficult place but your/my God has promised a great victory for you. The last phrase of this book summarizes exactly what needs to happen with both you and I right now - "And Joshua did so."  That should be the stance of each of us today.  God is with you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment