Monday, April 5, 2010

Safe With God

Psalms 61:1-4 (NLT) 61:1 O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! 2 From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, 3 for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me. 4 Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings.

Have you ever felt overwhelmed? Have you ever felt like you just wanted to get away from everything and from every body? David felt this and knew that his only help was from God. He knew that God was the only one who could answer him and the only one who could guarantee his safety. He knew that his safety was in the shelter of God’s wings – in God’s sanctuary. Like David we have often felt overwhelmed. God hears our cries. He hears our prayers. He is your fortress today. Run to Him with all your heart. Let Him surround you and protect you today. Let His love be your strength and let it give you courage. God is your rock today. Trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment