Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Judging People

1 Samuel 16:7 (NLT) But the LORD said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

I have to admit that I’m guilty in regards to this. I have often judged people before getting to know them. I think that over the years I’ve gotten better at not doing this but I still slip every once in a while. It’s disgusting. It’s shameful. I don’t want people doing that to me and I don’t want to do it to others. I’m so glad that God sees beyond that and sees us through His eyes and not my own. I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who love me just for who I am and I want to do the same for others. There are so many awesome people that have such good and huge hearts. It’s not about the appearance – contrary to worldly standards. It’s about the heart that is right with God and loving toward others. I want that heart in my life and I want to develop that heart toward others.

No comments:

Post a Comment