Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Frustrations

2 Corinthians 6:11-13 (NLT) 6:11 Oh, dear Corinthian friends! We have spoken honestly with you, and our hearts are open to you. 12 There is no lack of love on our part, but you have withheld your love from us. 13 I am asking you to respond as if you were my own children. Open your hearts to us!

I love my job but it can at times be a little frustrating. I believe that God has given me a big heart to love others but oftentimes people don’t want to be loved. Instead they push you away. Past hurts, past trust issues, and sin all become factors in this. I try to reach out in love to everyone I come in contact with. There are those who respond back and there are those who push you away. It’s absolutely amazing when people let their walls down and let you into their “space.” It breaks my heart to see people pull back and not want any relationship or help. I see the hurt that they are in but feel helpless because they are so closed down. Paul’s plead – “Open your hearts to us” is often my cry. I pray that people would drop their walls and let others in so they can be made whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment