Monday, February 22, 2016

RISING ABOVE A CRUMMY DYSFUNCTIONAL LIFE


One of the things in life I enjoy doing is helping people rise above whatever is holding them down and back.  I enjoy motivating and encouraging them and watching them grow to to heights beyond where they are currently living.

For some people the change is immediate and for others it is a long process because they are so bound to the things of this world.

To be honest, I watch some people live this crummy dysfunctional life as if it’s the normal way to live.  It’s not.  It never has been nor will it never be.

You might be asking - “Well then, what is the secret?  What do we need to do to rise above “crummy?”

The answer is simple - “KEEP THE RULES!”  God has laid out a path for you to live your life - just do what He’s asked you to do.

And so there is no confusion - He laid it out for you in His Book called the Bible.

Leviticus 26:3 says… “If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands...” - then these blessings will come your way.

If you continue to read from vv. 4-13 in Leviticus 26 you see that if you KEEP THE RULES that there is a blessing from God that will help you rise above “crummy.’

Notice some of the promised blessings.

  • The Blessing Of Harvest
  • The Blessing Of Security
  • The Blessing Of Peace
  • The Blessing Of Sleep
  • The Blessing Of Victory
  • The Blessing Of Favor
  • The Blessing Of Covenant
  • The Blessing Of Surplus
  • The Blessing Of His Presence
  • The Blessing Of Freedom
  • The Blessing Of Confidence

Whenever I stop keeping the rules - everything in my life falls apart.  I’ve learned that the hard way over and over and over.

As a kid I grew up in a farming community.  The opportunities for exploring were everywhere. I had a lot of freedom to play outside and do a lot of fun things - as long as I KEPT THE RULES.

One of the rules that was pressed upon on us was don’t mess with skunks as they will spray you with a bad odor.  Needless to say, I didn’t listen to the rules and got a little closer to a skunk than I should have and got sprayed all over.  My mom wouldn’t even let me back in the house. I had to wash down with the outside hose and with tomato juice and we had to burn all of my clothes.  What a mess.

Rules are there for a purpose.  God says, “KEEP THE RULES” and you will be blessed beyond measure.  You can live above the crummy dysfunctional life that you are now living but you need to discipline yourself to follow God in what He has laid out for your life.

Do you want to rise above “crummy?”    Do you want to rise above the place where you are right now?  Do you want to be a candidate for the miraculous and for the blessing of prosperity that God has for you?  I know I do.  KEEP THE RULES and you will live a life filled God’s promises and blessings.  As a result you will experience real happiness and real peace in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment