Friday, September 11, 2015

ARE YOU FACING AN IMPOSSIBLE SITUATION?


He asked me, “Have you been watching, son of man?” Then he led me back along the riverbank. When I returned, I was surprised by the sight of many trees growing on both sides of the river. Then he said to me, “This river flows east through the desert into the valley of the Dead Sea. The waters of this stream will make the salty waters of the Dead Sea fresh and pure. There will be swarms of living things wherever the water of this river flows. Fish will abound in the Dead Sea, for its waters will become fresh. Life will flourish wherever this water flows. Fishermen will stand along the shores of the Dead Sea. All the way from En-gedi to En-eglaim, the shores will be covered with nets drying in the sun. Fish of every kind will fill the Dead Sea, just as they fill the Mediterranean.” Ezekiel‬ ‭47:6-10‬ NLT

I am very privileged to take groups of people to Israel on a fairly frequent basis.  I'm in love with the land, the people and what God's Word promises to this little country near the Mediterranean Ocean.

One of the most interesting places I take people is the Dead Sea just east of Jerusalem.

This sea is 1407 feet below sea level and is the lowest elevation on earth. It has a 34% saline content (That's 9x's saltier than the ocean) and goes to a depth of 900 feet.

It is dead, dead, dead.  There are no fish, there are no trees, there is no life.  And... it is extremely hot. (I've been there when the temperature was around 115 degrees)

That's why I find this passage so interesting.  Someday, God promises, that there is going to be a river of life that will flow from Jerusalem and the waters will heal this dead sea and life will begin to flourish like never before.

An impossible situation turned possible.

There will be plenty of water, and plenty of fish and fishermen.  It will be filled with life.

This is a great message to any of us who are facing impossible situations and perhaps dry and dying dreams in our life.

Someday.

Someday God.

Someday God will.

Someday God will come.

Someday God will come through.

He can take that situation that has no hope and no possibility of life and turn it around and make it to become something new and vital and refreshing.

God is still the God of power  and can send a miracle your way anytime He wishes.  He can bring that healing that you are praying for and He can bring provide those funds that are in short supply. He can bring that restoration of relationships.

God can.  God will.  Just ask.

“Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart.” Mark‬ ‭11:22-23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Then the angel showed me a river with the water of life, clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb. It flowed down the center of the main street. On each side of the river grew a tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, with a fresh crop each month. The leaves were used for medicine to heal the nations.” Revelation‬ ‭22:1-2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”” John‬ ‭4:14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’”” John‬ ‭7:37-38‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I am a candidate for the miraculous in my life.  I am thirsty for more of God in my life.  I face obstacles that seem insurmountable and I believe that the same God that bring life to the Dead Sea is waiting to bring life to me and to you if we just come to Him in faith and believe that He can and that He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment