Saturday, April 18, 2015

I WISH THESE PROBLEMS WOULD JUST GO AWAY

Psalms 17:15 (HCSB) 15 But I will see Your face in righteousness; when I awake, I will be satisfied with Your presence.

Do you ever have bad days - days that you wish would just be over?  Have you ever said, "Tomorrow is another day?"  Or, "I can't wait for this day to end?"

If you read Psalms 17 you will discover that David was struggling.  He was being pursued by his enemies who wanted to kill him.  

David was a Man who loved God and served God. In fact, he was a man after God’s own heart. Yet he had many enemies.

King Saul was pursuing him and he was on the run.

Psalms 17:11-12 (HCSB) 11 They advance against me; now they surround me. They are determined to throw me to the ground. 12 They are like a lion eager to tear, like a young lion lurking in ambush.

Every man who tries to live for God will make some enemies. This world is not friendly toward God. If you stand for the things of God you will find that many enemies will rise up, hate you, and seek to hurt you.

This should not surprise us when people fight against us. Jesus said in John 16:33 “...In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

Yes, we have enemies. Yes, they seem to have the upperhand. Yes, they hate us and mock us and laugh at us for serving Jesus!!! BUT THEIR DAY OF JUDGMENT IS COMING. They have a terrible future in Hell coming, but AS FOR ME, I have a glorious future.
David wanted this nightmare to end.  He wanted it to be over.  He was praying for God to vindicate him and get him out of this mess.

Have you ever felt like that?  Do you wish the mess would just go away so you could live your life in peace?  I think we have all felt that way at one time or another.

His prayer, in essence said - "When I wake up - I want to be in and about your presence and not all these problems."

I would much rather wake up thinking about God and His presence than thinking about all the issues that I've got on.

In the words of John Newton "thro many dangers, toils, and snares I have already come. Tis grace hath bro’t me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home"
There are two ways you can deal with the mess around you  - 1) You can focus on the storm or 2) You can put your focus on Christ.

To put your focus on Christ is to find your satisfaction totally in Him - knowing that He's got this!

Psalms 17:15 (HCSB) 15 But I will see Your face in righteousness; when I awake, I will be satisfied with Your presence.
John Piper has said, "God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him."

Give God your problems, your mess, and even your enemies.  He will take care of you in His timetable.  He will have the last word!

Stay the course.  Trust Him to make it right and take care of all your problems.


Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭1-6‬ (NKJV)The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment