Sunday, February 22, 2015

THE CONDITIONS FOR GOD'S BLESSINGS IN YOUR LIFE


“If you walk in my statutes and observe my commandments and do them, (‭Leviticus‬ ‭26‬:‭3‬ ESV) 

Leviticus 26 is an interesting portion of scripture in that it lays out the conditions for God's abundant blessings in our lives.

V.3 - "If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands..."  In other words, if you follow the words that I have laid out, then I will pour out these blessings into your life."

Notice the blessings... God says, "I will..."

A. Give You Plenty - vv. 4,5

Then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. Your threshing shall last to the time of the grape harvest, and the grape harvest shall last to the time for sowing. And you shall eat your bread to the full and dwell in your land securely. (‭Leviticus‬ ‭26‬:‭4-5‬ ESV)

B. Give You Peace - v.6a

I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid. (‭Leviticus‬ ‭26‬:‭6‬ ESV)

C. Give You Protection - v. 6b

And I will remove harmful beasts from the land, and the sword shall not go through your land. (‭Leviticus‬ ‭26‬:‭6‬ ESV)

D. Give You Power - vv. 7,8

You shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall chase ten thousand, and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword. (‭Leviticus‬ ‭26‬:‭7-8‬ ESV)

E. Give You Prosperity - v.9

I will turn to you and make you fruitful and multiply you and will confirm my covenant with you. (‭Leviticus‬ ‭26‬:‭9‬ ESV)

F. Give You Provision - v. 10

You shall eat old store long kept, and you shall clear out the old to make way for the new. (‭Leviticus‬ ‭26‬:‭10‬ ESV)

G. Give You His Presence - vv. 11,12

I will make my dwelling among you, and my soul shall not abhor you. And I will walk among you and will be your God, and you shall be my people. (‭Leviticus‬ ‭26‬:‭11-12‬ ESV)

H. Give you freedom - v.13

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves. And I have broken the bars of your yoke and made you walk erect. (‭Leviticus‬ ‭26‬:‭13‬ ESV)

These are the very things man is striving for today. These are the things God wants you to have.God will not force you to love or obey Him.  It's your choice.

There is also a 2nd condition set forth here - "If you will not..." (vv.14-15).

Notice the results...

A. Futility - v.16b & Judges 6:1-6
B. Defeat - v.17 & 1 Samuel 4:10
C. Drought - v.19,20 & 1 Kings 17
D. Children devoured by beasts - v. 22 & 2 Kings 17:25
E. Pestilence - v. 25b & Numbers 16:49
F. Starvation - v.29 & 2 Kings 6:28-29
G. Desolations - v.31 & 2 Kings 25:9
H. Dispersion - v.33 & Psalm 44:11
I. 70 years of captivity - v.34,35 & Jeremiah 25:11-12

May I encourage you today to put your trust fully on God and His Word.  His promise to all of us is blessing, blessing, and more blessing.  It sure beats the alternative.

(Outline from Pastor Chuck Smith).




No comments:

Post a Comment