Wednesday, May 11, 2016

GOD PROMISES TO TAKE US "THROUGH"


I remember as a young man dealing very troubling news that sent me into a very dark and difficult season of my life.

Over the years I've had to deal with many hard and difficult things in my life but I think that I've learned some valuable lessons to pass down to those that are willing to listen.

One of the key words for me during these times was the word "through."  Meaning to take you all the way to the other side.  God doesn't just leave in the midst of your trial but He takes you "through" to something greater than you could even imagine.

Our problem is that we see only the here and now.  We only see what's just in front of us and not the bigger picture.

Here are a few verses that help us to understand this concept.

1. He Leads Us THROUGH The Fire And Flood

We went through fire and flood, but you brought us to a place of great abundance. Psalms 66:12 NLT

Do you ever feel like you are drowning in a sea of trouble?  Do you feel as if all the good you are doing is going up in smoke?

God promises to bring us through the fire and through the flood.  Think about that for a moment.  He promises this.

Notice that there is great abundance on the other side.

2. He Leads Us THROUGH The Wilderness

And by means of many wonders and miraculous signs, he led them out of Egypt, through the Red Sea, and through the wilderness for forty years. Acts of the Apostles 7:36 NLT

But he led his own people like a flowck of sheep, guiding them safely through the wilderness. Psalms 78:52 NLT

These are those extremely dry times that we all go through spiritually.  These are those times when it is hard to pray and hard to seek God.

God promises to bring us through those times also.

3. He Leads us THROUGH The Darkest Valley

Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. Psalms 23:4 NLT

He lit up the way before me and I walked safely through the darkness. Job 29:3 NLT

Not everyone understands this.  When I was going through great darkness in my life - there were a very few people who really understood exactly what that looked like.  They might have gone through discouraging times but never understood deep darkness.

But there are many  of us who really get and understand this.  The darkness is real and haunting.  It feels as if there is no end and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Yet, as I look back, I realize that God was always there and has always brought me through to a better place.

4. He Leads Me Through The Deep Waters, The Rivers Of Difficulty And The Fire Of Oppression

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. Isaiah 43:2 NLT

These verses reflect some of what was said above but they add another layer to the troubles we face.

He refers to them as "Deep Waters," "The Rivers Of Difficulty," And "The Fire Of Oppressions."

We've all been there.  We've all been in over our heads with problems and difficulty.

We've all have felt the oppression that comes and keeps coming to knock us off our game and send us over the edge.

Again, God promises to bring us through these times of our lives.

5. He Leads Us THROUGH Hardships

...You know all the hardships we have been through. Numbers 20:14 NLT

Life is hard at times.  We all face hardships and difficulties with finances, relationships, health, etc.  This list could go on forever.

Yet, He always leads us through those difficulty places to the other side where there is an abundance of blessing.

I am a survivor.  Not because of anything I do but because of what He has done - always.  I look back over my life and I say, "Thank you God because you always brought me "through" every difficult and dark time that I faced.

God has a great plan for your life - Jeremiah 29:11.  He has not given up on you so don't you give up on Him.  He is on your side and He is in your court

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7 NLT

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12 NLT

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. Hebrews 10:36 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment