Thursday, August 13, 2015

JUDGMENT FOR OUR SINS


““Now prophesy all these things, and say to them, “‘The LORD will roar against his own land from his holy dwelling in heaven. He will shout like those who tread grapes; he will shout against everyone on earth. His cry of judgment will reach the ends of the earth, for the LORD will bring his case against all the nations. He will judge all the people of the earth, slaughtering the wicked with the sword. I, the LORD, have spoken!’”” Jeremiah‬ ‭25:30-31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I read a quote this last week by Francis Chan that makes a lot of sense - "People don't want to be saved from their sin, they just want to be saved from the penalty of their sin."

That is so true - especially in today's society.  People enjoy their sin - they just don't want the penalty of sin later.

Earlier in this chapter we see the warnings of  impending judgment that was coming upon Israel because of their flagrant sin.  In fact, God tells them...““Again and again the LORD has sent you his servants, the prophets, but you have not listened or even paid attention.” Jeremiah‬ ‭25:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

This reminds me of a story I once heard about a very religious man who was once caught in rising floodwaters. He climbed onto the roof of his house and trusted God to rescue him. A neighbor came by in a canoe and said, “The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll paddle to safety.” “No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me” A short time later the police came by in a boat. “The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll take you to safety.” “No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me." A little time later a rescue services helicopter hovered overhead, let down a rope ladder and said. “The waters will soon be above your house. Climb the ladder and we’ll fly you to safety.” “No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me." All this time the floodwaters continued to rise, until soon they reached above the roof and the religious man drowned. When he arrived at heaven he demanded an audience with God. Ushered into God’s throne room he said, “Lord, why am I here in heaven? I prayed for you to save me, I trusted you to save me from that flood.” “Yes you did my child” replied the Lord. “And I sent you a canoe, a boat and a helicopter. But you never got in."

Listen to me today, (This is not just me speaking but prophets and pastors across America are hearing and saying the same thing) - that  judgment is coming soon to America for its sins.  Judgment is coming to the House of God.  Judgment is coming to individuals who continue to walk flagrantly in their sins of pride and arrogance.  Someday soon, we will all have to stand in accountability for our sins.  It's time for us to wake up and heed the voice of God which is coming more and more frequent to turn and repent of whatever sin besets us.

“...be sure that your sin will find you out.” Numbers‬ ‭32:23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment