Monday, January 28, 2013

CARPE DIEM - SEIZE THE DAY!

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” (John 14:21 NLT) I have walked on this earth for 59 years and have seen many ebbs and flows in the Christian realm. I have seen great revivals and I have seen the church in decline. I have seen leaders rise and sadly, I've seen many leaders fall into disgrace over their chosen sin and rebellion. But honestly, I don't think I've seen such a hunger for God like we're seeing right now - especially in young people. There is a passion and desire to connect with God at a much deeper level than ever before. People are hungry for the presence of God in a new and fresh way. The book of John exhorts us that as we walk in obedience to Him - that God would "reveal" Himself to us - that He would make Himself known to us. Yesterday, we finished a 21 day fast which for many of you was a time of denying yourself and allowing God to speak and reveal Himself to you. And, I believe, God is not going to let you down. I believe with all my heart that as you go about your day and week there will be "God moments" that you will sense and feel and know that God is directing and leading your life. It might not have happened during the fast but it will come when you need it. God will honor your obedience and will show up in your time of need. Recently, we were all exhorted to come to God with the "BIG ASK." I am praying today that you would now come to God boldly and ASK Him to touch your life in a fresh and new way. It's a new season that is upon us and as the Latin phrase from the poem of Horace says, "Carp Diem" - Seize the day - I pray that would be your goal and aim also for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment