Monday, December 31, 2012

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW

...but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. (Philippians 3:13, 14 NLT) This is the last day of 2012. For some of you - its a big "whew" because you made it through. For others, you want to say a big "Praise God" for all the blessings that have come your way. However you feel - Paul tells us to now "forget the past and look forward to what's ahead." I feel very blessed to be part of a church that is on fire and wanting to move forward. I am looking forward with intentionality to 2013. As a church - we are starting this season with a 21 day fast starting NEXT Monday. I am praying for great breakthrough for many lives during this time. We are also excited about being part of THE STORY which will bring us through the Bible in 31 weeks. As said last night by Gregg Johnson "If we have just the Word we will dry up. If we have just the spirit we will blow up. But if we have both the word and the spirit - we will grow up." That's what I want for all of us. I pray that God would help us to all grow up in 2013. I pray that His spirit would so consume our lives that God would be first and foremost in all that we do. I pray that all bitterness and disappointment from the past would be exactly that - the past. I pray that God would fulfill your dreams and desires and that you would be a fully devoted follower of Christ in 2013. May God richly bless you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment