Tuesday, October 23, 2012

OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer. (Job 14:5 NLT) Obviously, because of the recent passing of my father, I have been thinking a lot about life on earth, the process of growing old, death and the hereafter. I was in a store yesterday and looked around at the great number of "older" people shopping and or just passing time. It struck me, in a funny way, that I am only one generation behind them and that will someday be Denise and I. There are a few things that strike me as interesting about death and dying: 1- We waste a lot of years on earth. At the end, our lives are measured by how we used our life while on earth , 2- Sickness and suffering is one of God's last acts of mercy for people to repent and come back to Jesus, 3- Death is the only portal between here and the hereafter. It is something we must all face. 4- Only God knows the amount of time we all have to live. We must follow and trust Him with all our hearts. Someone once said, When you we're born - that was God's gift to you. What you do with your life is your gift back to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment