Monday, October 17, 2016

HOW TO LIVE IN CONFIDENCE IN A WORLD FILLED WITH FEAR


So when they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near the boat; and they were afraid. But He said to them, “It is I; do not be afraid.” John 6:19‭-‬20 NKJV

I talk to a lot of people who live their lives in fear for so many things.  People are afraid of people, of the dark, of heights, of germs, of animals, of certain foods, etc.  The list could go on and on.

This is not the spirit of Jesus because he has said over and over to us to not be afraid and to not worry about life.

Look at these verses that deal with fear in the Bible:

But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. Matthew 8:26 NKJV

But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.” Mt 14:27 NKJV

But Jesus came and touched them and said, “Arise, and do not be afraid.” Mt 17:7 NKJV

As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid; only believe.” Mark 5:36 NKJV

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 NKJV

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘For Yah , the Lord , is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.’ ” Isaiah 12:2 NKJV

These and other scriptures remind us that  Jesus with me, and He has all the power.

God is not just the God of the top; He is also the God of the bottom. He has not lost control and He is totally in charge.

Someone once said, "Worry is interest paid on trouble before it comes due."  We worry and fret about so many things when God has given us the power and the authority to overcome fear and worry.

I've learned over the years God responds to courage that is demonstrated in the midst of fear.  He  comes alongside us and gives us the strength we need to make it through whatever  is paralzying and holding us back.

God is your refuge from fear. 

The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence. 
2 Samuel 22:3 NKJV

Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”

Christ will restore back to you everything you lost as a result of sin’s power in your life.

With God, there is no boundaries, just possibilities.  He will loosen the lines of boundary in your life and open up a world of possibility so that you can walk freely without fear of today or tomorrow.

We are His kids and He's waiting and wanting to rescue and deliver us from fear.  We live under the shadow of the Almighty.

Through God we will do valiantly, For it  is He who shall tread down our enemies. Ps 60:12 NKJV

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, Ro 8:37‭-‬38 NKJV

You don't need to be afraid of tomorrow because God will take care of every need you might have right now and tomorrow.

Oh, fear the Lord , you His saints! There  is no want to those who fear Him. The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing. Ps 34:9‭-‬10 NKJV

God is Master in times of disaster.  Your overwhelming need right now is in the palm of His hands.  God's got this!

I have been young and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging for bread. Psalm 37:25

I've been around for a lot of years.  I've seen just about every thing there is to see.  I've been in more difficult and ugly and tight situations than you can imagine. 

Yet... 

"I've never seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging for bread."

God has always brought me through and has calmed every fear.  The world may rise and fall but God is still in charge.

Here is one of my favorite verses -  I've memoriezed it and I've tried to live it truths in my day by day life.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV

May God give you peace, love and sound mind today.

"Be not afraid..."

No comments:

Post a Comment